Keeping your Home Safe While You’re Away.
Preparing for a Vacation
There are a number of hazards that could affect your home while you’re away, including lightning, theft and flooding. In order to keep your property safe while you’re on vacation, consider the following:
- Unplug small appliances and electronic devices.
- Stop the newspaper and mail. For instructions on how to do this, visit the Canada Post’s website.
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Arrange to have your lawn mowed while you’re away.
- Have a neighbour keep an eye on your home throughout your trip.
- Avoid leaving your house key outside your home, even if you think it’s in a safe place.
Taking the proper precautions before you go on vacation can make all the difference when it comes to preventing damage to your home. However, accidents can still occur, and it’s important to ensure you have adequate insurance coverage. Contact Munn Insurance to learn more.
- Set timers on inside lights. Install a motion-activated sensor on outdoor floodlights.
- Consider turning off your home’s water.
- Avoid posting photos of your trip on social media until after you return home.
- Set the temperature on your thermostat to the appropriate level. This ensures that you aren’t paying to heat/cool your home while you are away.
Call Munn Insurance today at 1-855-726-8627. We are here to help.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row]
What to do when a wildfire occurs
If you are a Munn Insurance customer with property coverage, you are protected in the event of a fire. While our brave firefighters will do everything in their power to get the fire under control, [...]
10 Things You Should Do to Open Your Cottage for the Season
For all of us here in Atlantic Canada, the May 2-4 long weekend is the unofficial start of cabin or cottage season. If you have a cottage (or a cabin or a summer home), it’s [...]
10 Tips for Safe Summer Barbecues
Each year thousands of people get injured or cause damage to their homes while grilling outdoors. Keep your family safe this summer with these 10 useful safety tips!