[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”4950″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”][vc_column_text]
In Atlantic Canada, spring is a welcome change, especially this year, as March came in like a lion. The snow will soon start to melt, the temperature will rise, and the flowers will start to bloom. For many people, spring is an opportunity to renovate or make upgrades to your property.
Here are six tips to help you get your property ready for spring.
- Make a list of tasks for both inside and outside of the property. Spring is a great time to make some upgrades to your property, but it can be daunting. Make a list of all the things you would like to do over the next few months, making your chores much more manageable and taking the stress away.
- Trim your trees and shrubs, remove any dead branches. Winter is known to cause havoc with wind and snow, and the harsh conditions can damage tree and plant life. When these large objects are damaged, they can crack off or fall over, causing damage to your property.
- Check and repair any damage to your roof. Once the snow and ice have melted, we recommend that you safely check your roof for any damage. Damage to your roof could consist of missing shingles, loose shingles, shingles that may have been damaged, etc.
- Check your gutters and downspouts, remove any debris. Check your foundation vents and ensure nothing is blocking them.
- Test your smoke alarms and replace the batteries. First alert recommends that you test your alarms at least once a month to ensure they are working properly. If a nine-volt battery powers your smoke alarms, the battery should be replaced every 6 months, while the alarm itself should be replaced every 10 years.
- Prepare your snowblower for storage. Your storage guidelines will change depending on your storage location, but some general tips are to drain the fuel, add a fuel stabilizer, and place a cover over your machine. If you have any specific questions regarding snowblower storage, we recommend you reach out to the manufacture.
If you have any questions about your home or auto insurance, please contact Munn Insurance toll-free at 1-855-726-8627 today.