Tips from the Road – How to Save Fuel.
Ways to Save on Gas
Consider these money-saving tips:
- Skip the car completely. Walk or ride a bike
- Lighten your load – extra weight decreases fuel economy.
- Avoid long idles – idling for one minute consumes the same amount of gas that is required for starting your car.
- Plan your trip ahead of time – consolidate your trip to places that are close to one another.
- Open the windows – Instead of blasting the air conditioning on a hot day, open the windows or use your car vents, which circulate outside air.
- Get your oil changed – stay up-to-date on oil changes; they should be done every 4828 kilometres.
- Drive slower – you can improve your fuel economy by approximately 20% by driving 88 km/h instead of 104 km/h.
- Keep up on tire maintenance – keep your tires properly inflated and aligned and get regular maintenance checks.
- Accelerate slowly from a dead stop.
- Use the right octane level.
Considering buying a new or used vehicle? Before making a purchase, check the fuel economy ratings of similar vehicles of interest to you. Then, narrow down your options on a model that is fuel-efficient in the size category that meets your needs. For quick reference, visit www.fueleconomy.gov for fuel economy comparisons of similar models.
Call Munn Insurance today at 1-855-726-8627. We are here to help.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row]
What to do when a wildfire occurs
If you are a Munn Insurance customer with property coverage, you are protected in the event of a fire. While our brave firefighters will do everything in their power to get the fire under control, [...]
10 Things You Should Do to Open Your Cottage for the Season
For all of us here in Atlantic Canada, the May 2-4 long weekend is the unofficial start of cabin or cottage season. If you have a cottage (or a cabin or a summer home), it’s [...]
10 Tips for Safe Summer Barbecues
Each year thousands of people get injured or cause damage to their homes while grilling outdoors. Keep your family safe this summer with these 10 useful safety tips!