[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”3346″ img_size=”full” style=”vc_box_rounded”][vc_empty_space height=”16″][vc_column_text]We get it! Driving in a roundabout can be a little intimidating when you approach one for the first time. Nobody wants to make a mistake and cause an accident. Thankfully, you can make it through safely by taking your time and following a few simple rules.
- Slow down as you approach the roundabout.
- Traffic in the roundabout has the right-of-way.
- While in the roundabout, traffic to the left has the right-of-way.
- Only enter when it is safe to do so.
- Choose the correct entry lane.
- Drivers planning to take the first exit should approach the roundabout using the right lane.
- Drivers planning to travel at least halfway around the roundabout (second exit) should approach using the left lane.
- Entering vehicles must always yield to vehicles in the roundabout.
- Watch for pedestrians crossing the roadway when approaching or exiting
- Give large vehicles extra space while turning.
- Avoid passing other vehicles.
- Exit using the right lane.
- Use your right turn signal when exiting.
- If you miss your exit, continue around until you meet your exit again.
Note: If an emergency vehicle approaches while you are still outside of the roundabout: pull over to the right as you normally would and let the emergency vehicle pass before you enter. If an emergency vehicle approaches while you are inside the roundabout: continue driving towards your intended exit and leave the roundabout completely before you pull over to the right. Then let the emergency vehicle pass you.
In addition to providing insurance for you and your family, we are committed to helping you and your loved ones stay safe. If you would like more information on your policy or more information on safe driving, please contact Munn Insurance at 1-855-726-8627 today.
This article is for informational purposes only and is not intended as professional advice. [/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row]