Today, March 8, 2022, is National Organize Your Home Office Day; This is a day to clean up the mess that has accumulated in our home offices and to establish a productive and healthy working environment at home.
Having an organized home office is more important now than ever, as more and more organizations have adopted a work from home policy. Therefore, we have compiled our favourite top 7 tips to help your employees get organized so they can get down to work:
- Purge Paper: Having piles of loose paper can make the most organized space feel overwhelming. Go through each sheet of paper and organize them into file folders. Keep only the most important, recycle the rest. If possible, go digital!
- Colour code your filing system: A well-organized filing system is a good indication of a functional office space. Separate the filing system into colour-coded categories, and label each hanging folder according to your needs.
- Establish work “zones”: While it may be difficult, try to have a designated area in your home for working and limit the about of distractions.
- Clear off your desk: Remove everything, clean it thoroughly and put back only those items that are essential for daily use.
- Use storage containers: Store all your office supplies in containers, drawers, baskets and bins. Putting all these supplies out of sight will give your office a decluttered look.
- Utilize wall space: Empty desk space is key. Use your wall space to hang filing systems, calendars, whiteboards, shelving and more. There is so much more space available when you go vertical.
- Straighten your desk: At the end of the day, do a quick straighten, so you have a clean start the next day.
Remember, encouraging your team to declutter will help them feel less stressed and anxious while also boosting mindfulness and increasing their overall productivity. If you have any questions or would like further suggestions, please reach out to Brittany at [email protected]