How to File an Auto Claim
Your auto insurance policy is in place to protect you when you need it the most in the event of an accident. But, when an accident occurs, many people don’t know the steps they need to take. So, we have compiled a list of 12 steps you need to take if you are involved in a car accident.
- Make sure everyone is ok and call 911 if emergency services are required.
- Contact the police when there is personal injury, property damage exceeding $2,000 or a hit and run.
- Obtain information about other people involved in the accident or anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- Phone number
- Drivers license number
- Insurance carrier
- Policy number
- Take note of the time and location where the accident occurred.
- Take note of the damage to the vehicles.
- Take photos of the accident site and the damages to both vehicles, before any vehicle is moved.
- Have the vehicle towed to a repair facility if it cannot be driven.
- Call Munn Insurance or your insurance company to report your accident at 1-855-726-8627. Our emergency claims department is open 7 days a week 24 hours a day. They will ask you for the details of the accident and assign an adjuster. The adjuster you are assigned will be your point of contact throughout this process; they will review your coverages, keep you up to date on the status of your claim, answer all your questions, and ensure that your claim is resolved in a timely matter.
- If the vehicle is drivable, obtain an estimate for repair at one of our preferred auto body shops (we will provide you with a list when you report the loss).
- The claims adjuster will review the estimate when complete and call you to discuss it.
- If applicable, an adjuster will arrange a rental vehicle for you while your vehicle is being repaired.
- The claims adjuster will deal directly with the claimant or their attorney should your accident result in bodily injury and legal matters. Let your adjuster know if you receive any correspondence from a lawyer.
To speak to one of our claim representatives, please call us today at 1-855-726-8627.
What to do when a wildfire occurs
If you are a Munn Insurance customer with property coverage, you are protected in the event of a fire. While our brave firefighters will do everything in their power to get the fire under control, [...]
10 Things You Should Do to Open Your Cottage for the Season
For all of us here in Atlantic Canada, the May 2-4 long weekend is the unofficial start of cabin or cottage season. If you have a cottage (or a cabin or a summer home), it’s [...]
10 Tips for Safe Summer Barbecues
Each year thousands of people get injured or cause damage to their homes while grilling outdoors. Keep your family safe this summer with these 10 useful safety tips!