We’re innovative, progressive, and experiencing off the chart’s growth. As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest insurance brokers, we’re committed to providing exceptional coverage and customer care. Competitive and personalized – we’re not your typical insurance provider!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Claims Examiner to join our Claims Management team. This role is unique; no other brokerage can investigate and settle claims on behalf of the company like we do. You’ll work alongside a diverse group of insurance professionals who share a common goal of helping our clients get back on track. It’s not just about paying or not paying claims; it’s about finding the right combination of customer experience and settlement.
This position is a full-time, permanent opportunity. We will accept applications from qualified individuals across Atlantic Canada.
Our team is young, creative, and digitally dynamic. We are experiencing industry-leading growth by leveraging leading-edge technology, resulting in off-the-charts new business sales and customer retention at an all-time high. However, we are not new to the business of insurance. Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. We’ve been around a long time and are ready to take on the digital future of insurance.
We value our people! We offer our employees the following perks:
- Subsidized continuous learning;
- Health and dental coverage, including access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Comprehensive leave program including vacation, sick, and personal days – plus a company-wide holiday break at the end of every calendar year;
- Competitive employee incentive plan;
- Defined contribution pension plan;
- Frequent team-building activities.
You’re analytical and inquisitive; you have an open mind and always ask questions. You can see the big picture and fill in the gaps to develop a solution. You know how to multitask and juggle priorities and are a great team player. Simply put, you’re able to think creatively, prioritize key requirements, and make independent decisions to best impact your clients and colleagues. Ideally, you have 5+ years experience working as a Claims Adjuster or Personal Injury Lawyer. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed or are currently working towards a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation. If you’re ready to help our team build the best broker experience possible (seriously, we’re talking world-class), then we want to hear from you!
As a Senior Claims Examiner, you will:
- Analyze documentation including medical history, police investigations, and various other reports for bodily injury claims to ensure a prompt and fair settlement;
- Represent the company in the negotiation and settlement of outstanding claims with third parties (or third party lawyers) directly;
- Manage claims throughout the litigation process;
- Participate in the management of loss and expense reserves;
- Examine and provide direction to claims investigated by independent insurance adjusters;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing articles and case law, and participating in professional development events and meetings;
- Act as an ambassador for Munn Insurance by always representing and promoting our brand and business in a positive way to our key stakeholders, including customers, prospects, insurance partners, and suppliers;
- Be an active and positive contributor to our fantastic culture, which is focused on teamwork, service excellence, innovation, initiative, community, and fun, which helps make Munn Insurance a great place to work;
- And, of course, other duties as required.
At Munn Insurance, we pride ourselves on providing competitive salaries, incentives, and industry-leading benefits. We offer a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! We take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more.
If you are committed to excellence and believe you could be a valuable addition to our team and succeed in a dynamic, creative, growing business environment where you can advance your career, please apply online by Thursday, February 03, 2022
Munn Insurance is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.