2020 was a year that we saw growth, like off the charts growth. We have new customers racing to us and we expect this to continue for some time given the competitive rates we are providing. We need help servicing all these new customers when it matters most; when they have a claim! If you are keen to develop a career with a progressive and successful company, then we have the opportunity for you. Munn Insurance is currently in search of an Administrative Assistant to join our team of professionals in our Claims unit in St. John’s
Our team is young, innovative and digitally dynamic. We are experiencing industry leading growth by leveraging leading edge technology, resulting in off the charts new business sales and customer retention at an all-time high. However, we are not new to the business of insurance. Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. So, we have been around a long time, and ready to take on the Digital future of insurance
We offer our employees:
- Paid in-house training to successfully become a Group Auto & Home insurance expert.
- Group insurance plan.
- Employee Benefits plan.
- Employee incentive plan.
- Comprehensive leave program including personal days.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- A Career!!!!
Every day is going to be different, and it’s not going to be easy. You will need the right balance between intelligence and hard work, but mostly that blue-collar roll up the sleeves work ethic. If you are a high achiever and you thrive on winning, we would like to talk with you. Our most successful people are:
- Customer solutions oriented — you always go that extra mile.
- Team player — together we can do anything!
- Enjoy multitasking in a fast-paced environment –- you will be busy!
- Strong Listening and critical thinking skills with an eye for detail.
- Competitive — we like to win!
- Professional — we like to have fun but must always act like a pro!
- Enjoy working with the latest & greatest insurance technology.
- Exceptional time management skills — prioritize and plan!
- Positive people person — life is too short to work with negative people.
- Sense of humor -– we do like to have fun!
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software applications.
- Relevant post-secondary education at College level.
- Willingness to complete provincial insurance licensing exam requirements;
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Collection of information regarding potential claims and assignment to appropriate adjusting vendors using our software;
- Maintenance of claims records within our claims system;
Preparation of various claims reports using Microsoft Office Products;
- Various general accounting tasks using a customized software application;
- Assistance with month end and year end system reporting;
Other general administration as required, including reception support, ordering administrative supplies, scanning and emailing of documents, and preparation of form letters and templates;
If you are committed to excellence, believe you could be a valuable addition to the team and would prosper in a dynamic, creative environment of a growing business where you can advance your career, then please e-mail your resume and cover letter to us at https://munninsurance.hrweb.com/careercenter
Closing Date: Monday, January 18, 2021.