We’re innovative, progressive, and experiencing off the chart’s growth. As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest insurance brokers, we’re committed to providing exceptional coverage and customer care. Competitive and personalized – we’re not your typical insurance provider!
To help us keep up with this extraordinary customer growth and fulfil our mandate of providing the best insurance advice and coverage to the people of Atlantic Canada, we’re looking for a dedicated Administrative Assistant based out of our St. John’s, NL office. As the first point of contact when you enter our office, you will be responsible for client-facing duties within our reception area, as well as general office management tasks. When customers walk into our office, we want them to find a friendly, smiling face and a helping hand. Every day is going to be different, and it will be exciting.
Our team is young, creative, and digitally dynamic. We are experiencing industry-leading growth by leveraging leading-edge technology, resulting in off-the-charts new business sales and customer retention at an all-time high. However, we are not new to the business of insurance. Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. We’ve been around a long time and are ready to take on the digital future of insurance.
We value our people! We offer our employees the following perks:
- Paid in-house training to successfully become a licensed insurance professional;
- Subsidized continuous learning;
- Health and dental coverage, including access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Comprehensive leave program including vacation, sick, and personal days – plus a company-wide holiday break at the end of every calendar year;
- Competitive employee incentive plan;
- Defined contribution pension plan;
- Frequent team-building activities.
You’re a people person; customer service comes second nature. You know every interaction with a customer is an opportunity to build a loyal and lifelong relationship, so you always go that extra mile. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain a team-oriented, professional attitude. If you’re ready to join an outstanding organization and help provide a world-class customer experience that stops customers dead in their tracks and makes them say “wow!” then we want to talk to you!
As an Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Provide professional, efficient service in directing incoming visitors to various business units, ensuring proper COVID-19 protocols are followed;
- Manage a multi-line telephone system;
- Use multiple software applications including MS Office and Applied Epic for searching client accounts and claims information;
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other documents from couriers and Canada Post;
- Prepare outgoing mail;
- Act as an ambassador for Munn Insurance by always representing and promoting our brand and business in a positive way to our key stakeholders, including customers, prospects, insurance partners, and suppliers;
- Be an active and positive contributor to our fantastic culture, which is focused on teamwork, service excellence, innovation, initiative, community, and fun, which helps make Munn Insurance a great place to work;
- Of course, assist with other duties as required.
At Munn Insurance, we pride ourselves on providing competitive salaries, incentives, and industry-leading benefits. We offer a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! We take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more.
If you are committed to excellence and believe you could be a valuable addition to our team and succeed in a dynamic, creative, growing business environment where you can advance your career, please apply online by 4:00 pm, Wednesday, September 21, 2022.
Munn Insurance is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.