We’re experienced, motivated, and committed to excellence. Given our connection to one of Atlantic Canada’s largest insurance brokers, we’re dedicated to providing exceptional customer care. Above all, we’re here to help our customers when they need us most – when they have a claim!
Rock Adjusting is looking for an insightful and empathetic Multi-Line Telephone Adjuster to join our team, based out of our St. John’s, NL office. You’ll work alongside a diverse group of insurance professionals who share a common goal of providing a remarkable customer experience. Every day is going to be different, and it will be exciting.
Established in 1997 to adjust claims for customers of Munn Insurance, Rock Adjusting is young, innovative, and digitally dynamic. Given our connection to one of Atlantic Canada’s largest insurance brokers, it’s an exciting time to join our team!
Our people are our greatest asset! We offer our employees the following perks:
- A hybrid work environment;
- Health and dental coverage, including access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Comprehensive leave program including vacation, sick, and personal days – plus a company-wide holiday break at the end of every calendar year;
- Subsidized continuous learning;
- Competitive employee incentive plan;
- Defined contribution pension plan;
- Frequent team-building activities.
You’re inquisitive; you have an open mind and always ask questions. You’re empathetic, possess strong communication and negotiation skills, and take a customer-first approach to resolve claims. You have a background in claims investigation, as well as a desire to complete professional development and achieve a CIP designation. If you’re ready to help our team build the best customer service experience possible (seriously, we’re talking world-class), then we want to hear from you!
As a Multi-Line Telephone Adjuster, you will:
- Collect and document claims-related information clearly and concisely while following accuracy and quality standards;
- Maintain proactive and proficient file handling of assigned claims with varying levels of complexity while adhering to established company guidelines and procedures;
- Use technical knowledge and human relations skills to investigate, evaluate and settle claims within your authority level;
- Exercise sound judgment in the evaluation, negotiation and settlement of claims within authority guidelines;
- Promptly manage communications with clients, third-party claimants, legal counsel and experts at Act as an ambassador for Rock Adjusting by representing and promoting our brand and business in a positive way to customers, prospects and insurance partners;
- Be a positive contributor to our culture, which is focused on teamwork, service excellence, innovation, initiative, community, and fun;
- And, of course, assist in other duties as required.
We pride ourselves on providing competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits. We offer a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! We take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more.
If you are committed to excellence, believe you could be a valuable addition to our team, and succeed in a dynamic, creative growing business environment where you can advance your career, please apply online by 4:00 PM Friday, July 29, 2022.
Rock Adjusting is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.