Regardless of the price of a litre of gas, it is always great to be able to save. Often, the small things we do can add up to big savings. If you are looking to spend less time at the pump, read on for some easy things you can start doing today.
Ways to Save on Gas
Consider these money-saving tips:
- Skip the car completely. Walk or ride a bike
- Lighten your load – extra weight decreases fuel economy.
- Avoid long idles – idling for one minute consumes the same amount of gas that is required for starting your car.
- Plan your trip ahead of time – consolidate your trip to places that are close to one another.
- Open the windows – Instead of blasting the air conditioning on a hot day, open the windows or use your car vents, which circulate outside air.
- Get your oil changed – stay up-to-date on oil changes; they should be done every 4828 kilometres.
- Drive slower – you can improve your fuel economy by approximately 20% by driving 88 km/h instead of 104 km/h.
- Keep up on tire maintenance – keep your tires properly inflated and aligned and get regular maintenance checks.
- Accelerate slowly from a dead stop.
- Use the right octane level.
Considering buying a new or used vehicle? Before making a purchase, check the fuel economy ratings of similar vehicles of interest to you. Then, narrow down your options on a model that is fuel-efficient in the size category that meets your needs. For quick reference, visit www.fueleconomy.gov for fuel economy comparisons of similar models.
Call Munn Insurance today at 1-855-726-8627. We are here to help.