It’s finally time to open your cabin for the season, but before you enjoy all the perks of having a home away from home, there is some work to be done first.
We have compiled a list of 11 essential tasks to complete when getting your cabin ready for the summer season!
1. You must inspect the interior and exterior of your property upon arriving for the first time of the season.
2. Ensure your seasonal property insurance policy is up to date; This includes ATVs, boats, and other leisure vehicles.
3. Inspect the property for any damages that occurred over the winter; Including sheds and decks.
4. Arrange to have your utilities turned on, such as electricity, cable, phone, or other services.
5. Check the water lines for breakage before turning on the cold water supply and hot water tank.
6. Turn on the septic system and then flush your toilet to make sure it’s running correctly.
7. Make certain the chimney stack is in good condition before lighting a fire.
8. Replace batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
9. Make sure your fire extinguishers are charged and in working order.
10. Make a list of the things you need to bring to the cabin, items that you may have taken out for the winter.
11. Look for signs of insects, rodents, and other animals in cupboards and closets.
By following this checklist, you’ll be sitting by the campfire in no time! If you have any questions about your cabin’s insurance policy, please give us a call today at 1-855-726-8627.
There’s nothing quite like spending the day on your boat with family and friends, whether on a pond or the […]Read More
It’s finally time to open your cabin for the season, but before you enjoy all the perks of having a […]Read More
As your broker, we work for you. We are the intermediary between you and your insurance company; We are fast, […]Read More
National Road Safety Week 2021 Due to the high potential for injury and death, drivers hold a lot of responsibility […]Read More