We’re innovative, progressive, and experiencing off the chart’s growth. As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest insurance brokers, we’re committed to providing exceptional coverage and customer care. Competitive and personalized – we’re not your typical insurance provider!
To help us keep up with this extraordinary customer growth and fulfil our mandate of providing the best insurance advice and coverage to the people of Atlantic Canada, we’re looking for an experienced Underwriter based out of our St. John’s, NL office. Every day is going to be different, and it will be exciting.
Our team is young, creative, and digitally dynamic. We are experiencing industry-leading growth by leveraging leading-edge technology, resulting in off-the-charts new business sales and customer retention at an all-time high. However, we are not new to the business of insurance. Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. We’ve been around a long time and are ready to take on the digital future of insurance.
We value our people! We offer our employees the following perks:
- A hybrid work environment;
- Subsidized continuous learning;
- Health and dental coverage, including access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Comprehensive leave program including vacation, sick, and personal days – plus a company-wide holiday break at the end of every calendar year;
- Competitive employee incentive plan;
- Defined contribution pension plan;
- Frequent team-building activities.
You’re analytical and inquisitive; you have an open mind and always ask questions. You can see the big picture and fill in the gaps to develop a solution. You know how to multitask, juggle priorities and are a great team player. Simply put, you’re able to think creatively and make independent decisions to best impact your clients and colleagues. Ideally, you have 1-3 years of Property/Casualty underwriting experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed or are currently working towards a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation. If you’re ready to help our team build the best broker experience possible (seriously, we’re talking world-class), then we want to hear from you!
As an Underwriter, you will:
- Work with our Sales and Service teams to identify available coverages, appropriate premiums, and necessary terms for new business, policy renewals, and endorsements;
- Analyze relevant reports, such as home inspections, motor vehicle, and claims reports to assess risk and claims exposure;
- Provide technical support and underwriting coaching for Sales Executives and Account Managers;
- Act as an ambassador for Munn Insurance by always representing and promoting our brand and business in a positive way to our key stakeholders, including customers, prospects, insurance partners, and suppliers;
- Be an active and positive contributor to our fantastic culture, which is focused on teamwork, service excellence, innovation, initiative, community, and fun, which helps make Munn Insurance a great place to work;
- Of course, assist in other duties as required.
At Munn Insurance, we pride ourselves on providing competitive salaries, incentives, and industry-leading benefits. We offer a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! We take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more.
If you are committed to excellence and believe you could be a valuable addition to our team and succeed in a dynamic, creative, growing business environment where you can advance your career, please apply online by 4:00 pm Wednesday, April 06, 2022.
Munn Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.