Telephone Claims Adjuster
We are an innovative and progressive business poised for rapid growth. And we are looking for a new Claims Adjuster to join our amazing team where you can learn and grow with the best independent adjusting firm in Atlantic Canada – our people actually say we are the best in the country!!
Here is that small print our industry is known for – Please don’t apply if you’re looking for a cozy 9-5 job with two 15 minute breaks and an hour for lunch. But, if you have that perfect combination of ivy league brains and blue-collar brawn and you’re hungry to learn, love winning, and are ready to challenge yourself, give us a shout.
Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. So we are old and have been around a long time. But our team is young and dynamic – more than ready for our next phase of rapid growth; with plans to double in the next few years and expand into new markets.
Ok, so this is insurance; there is no hiding it! The industry is not widely known for being particularly ‘glamorous’ or innovative. But that’s where we are different. We are a fast-growing, exciting, forward-thinking business looking for the best, brightest, talented insurance people to help us accelerate our growth and expansion.
Every day is going to be different, and it’s not going to be easy. Our most successful people are:
- Customer service oriented – you always go that extra mile
- Team player – together we can do anything
- Strong attention to detail – sometimes, the little things make the biggest impact
- Professional – we like to have fun but must always act like a pro
- Exceptional organization and time management skills – prioritize and plan
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment – no kidding; you will be busy
- Excellent verbal and written communication – after all, we all read and write and speak to people a lot
- You will be a master at collecting and documenting claims related information in a clear and concise manner ensuring accuracy and quality standards are exceeded
- You must maintain multi-line claims files that are impeccably organized and thorough
- You must be a wizard with policy wordings and can analyze and interpret those crazy long-winded, complicated, often conflicting, comma rich, sentences lawyers are known for with ease and precision
- Your day will be spent balancing your world-class investigative skills
- You have excellent judgment, in the evaluation, negotiation and settlement of claims
- You effortlessly manage communications and balance the sometimes-conflicting needs of multiple stakeholders such as clients, third party claimants, witnesses, vendors, legal counsel and law enforcement personnel
- You will have to multi-task – seriously it would be great if you could juggle rubber balls and adjust a claim at the same time!
- Accurate and timely completion of all required assignments
- And of course, other duties as required (and no, you don’t have to take out the trash!)
- College or University degree is preferred
- Provincial Licensing requirements will need to be met
- Currently holds CIP designation or willing to work towards completion of designation
If you are committed to excellence, believe you could be a valuable addition to the team and would prosper in a dynamic, innovative, creative environment of a growing business where you can advance your career, then please e-mail your resume and cover letter to us at [email protected].
Work Location: St. John’s, NL
Closing Date: September 27, 2019