Sales Development Representative
We’re innovative, progressive, and experiencing off the chart’s growth. As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest insurance brokers, we’re committed to providing exceptional coverage and customer care. Competitive and personalized – we’re not your average broker!
To help us keep up with this extraordinary customer growth and fulfil our mandate of providing the best insurance advice and coverage to the people of Atlantic Canada, we’re looking for Sales Development Representatives based out of our Dartmouth, NS office. With access to the most competitive insurance markets for brokers in Atlantic Canada, you will engage with prospects and leads to help provide them with a tailored-made product. Every day is going to be different, and it will be exciting.
Our team is young, creative, and digitally dynamic. We are experiencing industry-leading growth by leveraging leading-edge technology, resulting in off-the-charts new business sales and customer retention at an all-time high. However, we are not new to the business of insurance. Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. We’ve been around a long time and are ready to take on the digital future of insurance.
We value our people! We offer our employees the following perks:
- Paid in-house training to successfully become a licensed insurance professional and complete the Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) program;
- A hybrid work environment;
- Health and dental coverage, including access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Comprehensive leave program including vacation, sick, and personal days – plus a company-wide holiday break at the end of every calendar year;
- Competitive employee incentive plan;
- Defined contribution pension plan;
- Frequent team-building activities and more!
You’re detail-oriented and organized; you pay close attention to the fine points of your work and can switch from task to task at a moment’s notice. You also understand that every interaction with a prospect is an opportunity to build a relationship, so you always go the extra mile. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can maintain a team-oriented, professional attitude. Essentially, you’re a self-starter driven by the desire to help you (and your colleagues!) to succeed. If you have a passion for winning and are ready to help our team build the best broker experience possible (seriously, we’re talking world-class), we want to hear from you!
As a Sales Development Representative, you will:
- Qualify incoming phone and digital leads;
- Investigate the prospect’s needs to determine a tailor made product just for them;
- Collaborate with Commercial and Service colleagues to achieve cross-selling opportunities;
- Act as an ambassador for Munn Insurance by always representing and promoting our brand and business in a positive way to our key stakeholders, including customers, prospects, insurance partners, and suppliers;
- Be an active and positive contributor to our fantastic culture, which is focused on teamwork, service excellence, innovation, initiative, community, and fun, which helps make Munn Insurance a great place to work;
- Of course, assist in other duties as required.
At Munn Insurance, we pride ourselves on providing competitive salaries, incentives, and industry-leading benefits. We offer a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! We take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more.
If you are committed to excellence and believe you could be a valuable addition to our team and succeed in a dynamic, creative, growing business environment where you can advance your career, please apply online by 4:00 pm NDT, Friday, August 26, 2022.
Munn Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.