Personal Lines Service Team Leader
We are an innovative and progressive business that is focused on delivering a unique and innovative experience for customers. And we are looking for a Personal Lines Service Team Leader to work out of our office in St. John’s, NL.
Here is that small print our industry is known for — Please don’t apply if you’re looking for a cozy 9-5 job with two 15 minute breaks and an hour for lunch. But, if you have that perfect combination of ivy league brains and blue-collar brawn and you’re hungry to learn, love winning, and are ready to challenge yourself, give us a shout.
Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. So we are old and have been around a long time. But our team is young and dynamic — more than ready for our next phase of rapid growth; with plans to double in the next few years and expand into new markets! We are a team of innovators with a passion for finding new ways to add value for our customers. We are looking for smart and enthusiastic people to join our growing team.
Ok, so this is insurance; there is no hiding it! The industry is not widely known for being particularly exciting nor innovative. But that’s where we are different. We are a fast growing, exciting, forward-thinking business looking for the best, brightest, talented people to help us accelerate our growth and expansion.
The Job Involves
Reporting to the Personal Lines Service Manager, the Service Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day performance of the Personal Lines Service Team. The Team Leader is responsible for supporting the achievement of business objectives; for participating in the evaluation of individual and group performance; and for inspiring team members to achieve results.
- Plan objectives and create strategies to improve process flow and to ensure team members perform optimally and meet company objectives.
- Supervise daily shifts and schedules to ensure smooth, calm and efficient teamwork.
- Create and foster a motivating work environment.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key partners.
- Assist in the development and personal growth of staff and provides support, mentoring and training as needed.
- Use problem-solving skills to identify opportunities to improve service delivery and operational productivity.
- Recommend program or process improvements to consistently meet our clients’ needs.
- Conduct weekly team meetings.
- Monitor and manages absenteeism and punctuality.
- Take inbound escalated calls and emails as needed, when levels require additional support.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- You have 3 – 5 years of personal lines insurance experience.
- You can create and sustain positive team spirit and a constructive working environment within the team.
- You are a role model influencing individuals towards the achievement of objectives.
- You share technical and professional expertise with team members to become more competent and effective.
- You support and endorse company objectives.
- You demonstrate superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have sound knowledge of problem-solving techniques.
- You have effective analytical skills.
- You demonstrate leadership skills.
- Previous management experience is an asset.
- Completion of CAIB courses is an asset.
- Provincial Licensing requirements will need to be met.
If you are committed to excellence, believe you could be a valuable addition to the team and would prosper in a dynamic, innovative, creative environment of a growing business where you can advance your career, then please e-mail your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then follow that up, we want to see your sales skills. Show us why you are the right person. Sell yourself. Creativity is a plus.
Work Location: St. John’s, NL
Closing Date: December 14th, 2018