Personal Lines Sales Representative – Dartmouth
We are an innovative and progressive business that is growing. Like off the charts growth. New customers are racing to us and we expect this to continue for some time given our level of customer service and the competitive rates we are providing. And with our recent expansion into Nova Scotia we have really increased the size of our business and are now attracting customers here hand over fist. We are finding it difficult to keep up with all the leads and referrals. We need some help. We are looking for a new Sales Representative to join our amazing team in our newest office in Dartmouth, NS to help us keep up with this unprecedented customer growth.
Here is that small print our industry is known for — Please don’t apply if you’re looking for a cozy 9-5 job with two 15-minute breaks and an hour for lunch. But, if you have that perfect combination of ivy league brains and blue-collar brawn and you’re hungry to learn, love winning, and are ready to challenge yourself, give us a shout.
Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. So we are old and have been around a long time. But our team is young and dynamic — more than ready for our next phase of rapid growth; with plans to double in the next few years and expand into new markets! We are a team of innovators with a passion for finding new ways to add value for our customers. We are looking for smart and enthusiastic people to join our growing team.
Ok, so this is insurance; there is no hiding it! The industry is not widely known for being particularly exciting nor innovative. But that’s where we are different. We are a fast growing, exciting, forward thinking business looking for the best, brightest, talented people to help us accelerate our growth and expansion.
Every day is going to be different, and it will be exciting. You will need the right balance between ivy league intelligence and that blue collar roll up the sleeves work ethic. While insurance knowledge would be an asset, not to worry, we can teach you everything you need to know! So, if you are a high achiever, with a passion for selling and are ready to join a winning team then we would like to talk with you.
Our most successful sales people are:
- Relentless. Selling is your passion. You will knock on every door or work a room to find sales!
- Customer service focused. You always go that extra mile
- Outgoing. You know almost everyone and those you don’t know probably know you!
- A great communicator. You can think on your feet and talk your way into or out of any situation
- A person who thrives in a fast paced environment. No kidding; you will be busy
- Team oriented. Together we can do anything!
- Extremely eager. You are a quick learner and have a thirst for doing new things
- Intelligent. Smart and creative people will shine here
- Professional. We like to have fun but must always act like a pro!
- Organized. You always prioritize and plan!
- A positive people person. Life is too short to work with negative people
- Someone with a great sense of humor. We do like to have fun
- An independent self starter. Don’t wait to be told, go do it!!
- Love jeans. That’s right. Every day is jeans day!!
This is a fast paced environment. Given our great rates, strong product offering and the fact that we can provide multiple quotes for some of the best insurance markets, while most of our competitors can only give one quote, potential customers are reaching out. A lot. We have never been busier. Opportunities are pouring in on line, over the phone and through the front door. You will need to manage your leads, work the phones and make outcalls as necessary to hot leads that have requested a quote. Ultimately you will sell them on Munn and save them from the competition; providing them with an amazing new home or auto policy.
If you are committed to excellence, believe you could be a valuable addition to the team and would prosper in a dynamic, innovative, creative environment of a growing business where you can advance your career, then please e-mail your resume and cover letter to us at [email protected]
Then follow that up, we want to see your sales skills. Show us on why you are the right person. Sell yourself. Creativity is a plus.
Job Location: Burnside Park, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Closing Date: Friday, October 23, 2020