Personal Lines Account Manager
We are an innovative and progressive business poised for rapid growth. And we are looking for a new Personal Lines Account Manager to join our amazing team in St. John’s.
Here is that small print our industry is known for — Please don’t apply if you’re looking for an cozy 9-5 job with two 15 minute breaks and an hour for lunch. But, if you have that perfect combination of ivy league brains and blue collar brawn and you’re hungry to learn, love winning, and are ready to challenge yourself, give us a shout.
Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. So we are old and have been around a long time. But our team is young and dynamic — more than ready for our next phase of rapid growth; with plans to double in the next few years and expand into new markets.
Ok, so this is insurance; there is no hiding it! The industry is not widely known for being particularly ‘sexy’ or innovative. But that’s where we are different. We are a fast growing, exciting, forward thinking business looking for the best, brightest, talented insurance people to help us accelerate our growth and expansion.
Every day is going to be different, and it’s not going to be easy. You will need the right balance between intelligence and hard work, but mostly that blue collar roll up the sleeves work ethic. So, if you are a high achiever that is ready to join a winning team then we would like to talk with you. Our most successful people are:
- Customer service oriented — you always go that extra mile
- Team player — together we can do anything!
- Strong attention to detail — sometimes, the little things make the biggest impact
- Intelligent — smart and creative people will shine here
- Competitive — we like to win!
- Professional — we like to have fun but must always act like a pro!
- Fully embrace technology — we are progressive and need you to be as well
- Exceptional organization and time management skills — prioritize and plan!
- Positive people person — life is too short to work with negative people
- Eager and quick learner — a thirst for doing new things would be an asset
- Sense of humor -– we do like to have fun
- Outgoing — step up and have fun
- Independent self starter — don’t wait to be told, go do it!!
- Thrive in a fast paced environment –- no kidding; you will be busy
- College or University degree is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Currently hold or are working towards a Newfoundland property and casualty insurance license
- Provide world class customer service that stops the customers dead in their tracks and makes them say wow!
- Engage customers and help create long term loyal advocates who will want to bring their friends and family
- Put the customer first, and second, all the while assisting the team in delivering on their key performance targets
- Helping customers understand their insurance and providing advice on coverage and policy changes that is of value to them
- A passion to help your team build the best broker experience possible – seriously, we are talking world class!!
- Embrace the digital evolution of the business – we’re on our way but have our sights set on taking it a LOT further
- Thorough policy reviews — ensuring the customer has the best coverage at the best rate
- Cross sell and up sell of current clients to ensure they have the coverage they need
- Accurate and timely completion of all required assignments
If you are committed to excellence, believe you could be a valuable addition to the team and would prosper in a dynamic, creative environment of a growing business where you can advance your career, then please e-mail your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com
Then follow that up, we want to see your sales skills. Show us on why you are the right person. Sell yourself. Creativity is a plus.
Work Location: St. John’s, NL
Closing Date: September 21, 2018