We’re innovative, progressive, and experiencing off the chart’s growth. As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest insurance brokers, we’re committed to providing exceptional coverage and customer care. Competitive and personalized – we’re not your typical insurance provider!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Office Manager based out of our St. John’s, NL office. You’ll work in close collaboration with our Executive and Management teams to support the Munn Group of Companies, including Munn Insurance, Munn Mortgages, and Rock Adjusting. Between managing our offices, supporting Human Resources activities, and handling administrative files, you will keep our people and operations running smoothly. Every day is going to be different, and it will be exciting.
Our team is young, creative, and digitally dynamic. We are experiencing industry-leading growth by leveraging leading-edge technology, resulting in off-the-charts new business sales and customer retention at an all-time high. However, we are not new to the business of insurance. Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. We’ve been around a long time and are ready to take on the digital future of insurance.
We value our people! We offer our employees the following perks:
- A hybrid work environment;
- Health and dental coverage, including access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Comprehensive leave program including vacation, sick, and personal days – plus a company-wide holiday break at the end of every calendar year;
- Subsidized continuous learning;
- Competitive employee incentive plan;
- Defined contribution pension plan;
- Frequent team-building activities.
You’re detail-oriented and organized; you pay close attention to the fine points of your work and have the ability to adapt and improvise with a moment’s notice. You follow through on your tasks and make sure they are done well and on time. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain a team-oriented, professional attitude. You also have strong communication skills and are at ease with technology, particularly Microsoft Office and web-based applications. Simply put, you’re an Office Ninja! If you’re ready to join an outstanding organization and help make Munn Insurance an exceptional place to work, then we want to talk to you!
As our Office Manager, you will:
- Oversee and support all administrative duties within our head and branch office locations;
- Ensure facility operations are maintained by managing supply inventory and maintaining relationships with our property managers and various service providers;
- Organize and lead employee social and engagement activities;
- Manage insurance licensing and certification requirements by enrolling new hires in the appropriate licensing course and ensuring all current licenses are up to date and renewed on time;
- Arrange all staff travel, including flights, accommodations and transportation;
- Assist the Human Resources Advisor with attendance tracking and management, weekly payroll processing, new employee orientation, and the administration of company pension and group insurance plans;
- Ensure we maintain a healthy and safe work environment by serving on the OH&S committee, attending committee meetings, and ensuring all incidents and complaints are investigated and resolved promptly;
- Provide Managerial and Executive level support, as required;
- Act as an ambassador for Munn Insurance by always representing and promoting our brand and business in a positive way to our key stakeholders, including customers, prospects, insurance partners, and suppliers;
- Be an active and positive contributor to our fantastic culture, which is focused on teamwork, service excellence, innovation, initiative, community, and fun, which helps make Munn Insurance a great place to work;
- Of course, assist with other duties as required.
At Munn Insurance, we pride ourselves on providing competitive salaries, incentives, and industry-leading benefits. We offer a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! We take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more.
If you are committed to excellence and believe you could be a valuable addition to our team and succeed in a dynamic, creative, growing business environment where you can advance your career, please apply online by 4:00 pm Thursday, February 24, 2022.
Munn Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.