During 2020, our business grew. Like off the chart’s growth. We had new customers racing to us, and we expect this to continue for some time, given the outstanding service and competitive rates we are providing. With our recent expansion into Nova Scotia, we have really increased our business’s size and are now attracting customers hand over fist. We need help servicing all these new customers when they need us most – when they have a claim!
We’re looking for an experienced Claims Manager to lead and mentor our claims team. This is a unique role; no other brokerage has the ability to investigate and settle claims on behalf of the company like we do. The Claims Manager has the unique opportunity to settle claims while still driving the performance of our brokerage. This role is not just about paying or not paying claims; it’s about finding the right combination of customer experience and settlement.
This position is based out of our head office, located in St. John’s, NL. While we will accept applications from qualified individuals across Canada, the successful candidate will be required to work from this location.
Our team is young, innovative, and digitally dynamic. We are experiencing industry-leading growth by leveraging leading-edge technology, resulting in off-the-charts new business sales and customer retention at an all-time high. However, we are not new to the business of insurance. Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. So, we have been around a long time and are ready to take on the digital future of insurance.
You’re inquisitive; you have an open mind and always ask questions. You have a natural ability to coach, mentor, and inspire your colleagues. You’re empathetic but also possess strong communication and negotiation skills and take a customer-first approach to claims resolution. You have an extensive background in bodily injury claims investigation and a desire to achieve a CIP designation. If you’re ready to help our team build the best broker experience possible (seriously, we’re talking world-class), then we want to hear from you!
As Claims Manager, you will:
- Help our claims team achieve required results by communicating expectations, planning, coaching and enforcing policies and productivity standards, and providing constructive feedback as needed;
- Recognize and minimize workflow redundancies between administrative staff, adjusters, and examiners;
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders in all areas of claims;
- Maintain customer service standards by resolving customer concerns that are outside the scope of the adjuster, examiner, and team lead roles;
- Review files monthly to provide employees with feedback and coach them in their roles;
- Provide detailed reports dealing with employee and claims progress to the Executive team;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing articles and case law, establishing personal networks and participating in professional events and meetings;
- Act as an ambassador for Munn Insurance, always representing and promoting our brand and business in a positive way to customers, prospects and insurance partners;
- Be a positive contributor to our fantastic culture, which is focused on teamwork, service excellence, innovation, initiative, community, and fun, which helps make Munn Insurance a great place to work.
At Munn Insurance, we pride ourselves on providing competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits. We offer a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! We take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more.
If you are committed to excellence, believe you could be a valuable addition to our team and succeed in a dynamic, creative environment of a growing business where you can advance your career, apply online today! Tell us a bit about yourself, your professional experience and how you think you can make a difference at Munn Insurance.
Munn Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.