We are an innovative and progressive business poised for rapid growth. And we are looking for a new Accounting Clerk to join our amazing team!
Here is that small print our industry is known for – Please don’t apply if you’re just looking for a job to pay the bills where you can coast and move at a snail’s pace. But, if you have that perfect combination of ivy league brains and blue collar brawn and you’re hungry to learn, love winning, and are ready to challenge yourself, give us a shout.
Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. So we are old and have been around a long time. But our team is young and dynamic- more than ready for our next phase of rapid growth; with plans to double in the next few years and expand into new markets.
Ok, so this is insurance; there is no hiding it! The industry is not widely known for being particularly ‘glamorous’ or innovative. But that’s where we are different. We are a fast growing, exciting, forward thinking business looking for the best, brightest, talented insurance people to help us accelerate our growth and expansion.
As the Accounting Clerk your primary responsibility will be completing daily accounting duties and assisting our Senior Accountant in the day-to-day accounting needs of the business. So yes, there is some grunt work, but you will also be given the opportunity to learn and grow – if you take the initiative.
So, if you are bright and eager and ready to join a winning team then we would like to talk with you.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in preparing, analyzing, and presenting monthly, quarterly, and annual operating results/reports
- Preparing and maintaining accounting documents and records
- Preparing bank reconciliations, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconciling accounts in a timely manner
- Verifying approval on all invoices and cheque requests
- Auditing and verifying expense reports
- Reconciling vendor statements
- Maintaining account payable files
- Providing assistance and support to company personnel
- Completing special projects as assigned
- Taking on other general administrative duties as needed
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Certificate or diploma in accounting or book keeping — leave the frame on the wall but let us know that you earned that piece of paper!
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and applications — you know this stuff like the back of your hand
- Highly developed computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, and Simply accounting — you are basically a techno wizard in the accounting field.
- You know your way around financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process — you can do this stuff in your sleep; but we would rather you didn’t!
- A proven ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines – in fact you have never missed a deadline. Ever.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills — you live for numbers, data and an impressive excel worksheet!
- Excellent verbal and written communication — after all, we all read and write and speak to people a lot.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills — prioritize and plan!
- Positive people person — life is too short to work with negative people
- Insurance industry experience would be considered an asset
- Love jeans. That’s right. Every day is jeans day!!
If you are committed to excellence, believe you could be a valuable addition to our team and would succeed in a dynamic, creative environment of a growing business where you can advance your career, then please e-mail your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Then follow that up, we want to see your sales skills. Show us why you are the right person. Sell yourself. Creativity is a plus.
Should you be interested and meet the qualifications for this role please submit your resume to email@example.com .
Work Location: St. John’s, NL
Closing Date: September 21, 2018