Accountant (12 Month Maternity Leave Contract)
We are an innovative and progressive business poised for rapid growth. And we are looking for an Accountant to join our amazing team!!
Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. So we are old and have been around a long time. But our team is young and dynamic — more than ready for our next phase of rapid growth; with plans to double in the next few years and expand into new markets.
Ok, so this is insurance; there is no hiding it! The industry is not widely known for being particularly ‘glamorous’ or innovative. But that’s where we are different. We are a fast growing, exciting, forward-thinking business looking for the best, brightest, talented insurance people to help us accelerate our growth and expansion.
As an Accountant your primary responsibility will be assisting the Accounting Department with providing accurate, reliable, and timely financial information used for making wide-ranging business decisions.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Producing error-free accounting reports
- Spotting errors and more importantly suggesting ways to make things better
- Participating in establishing financial standards and forecasting
- Providing input into the department’s goal setting process
- Preparing financial statements and producing budgets according to schedule
- Assisting with the audit process
- Planning, assigning and reviewing staff’s work
- Supporting month-end and year-end close process
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaising with our CFO to improve financial procedures
What you’ll need to succeed
- Accounting degree and/or designation or possess equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of 1-3 years accounting experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues both individually and as a member of a team
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- You know your way around financial accounting statements
- You are very experienced with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Positive people person
- Insurance industry experience would be considered an asset
- Love jeans. That’s right. Every day is jeans day!!
If you are committed to excellence, believe you could be a valuable addition to our team and would succeed in a dynamic, creative environment of a growing business where you can advance your career, then please e-mail your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com.
Then follow that up, we want to see your sales skills. Show us why you are the right person. Sell yourself. Creativity is a plus.
Should you be interested and meet the qualifications for this role please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Location: St. John’s, NL