We have all watched as the coronavirus (COVID-19) has moved across the globe since the end of 2019. Every day, we see media reporting a growing number of confirmed cases in a greater number of countries. And it is now in Canada and in your home province. The unprecedented spread of COVID-19 in Canada and around the world has, understandably, raised concerns for you and your family. At Munn Insurance, the well-being of our clients, our employees and their families is a significant concern for us. As such, safety will be our main priority as this situation continues to evolve.
We are ready to serve you
We want to ensure our valued customers, like you, do not see any significant impact to the continuity of our service during these extraordinary times. While we have not yet had to take such action, we are preparing for staff to work remotely from home with full telephone access and secure connectivity to our IT systems. It will be just like working in our office, but from home. Hopefully, it doesn’t come to that, but if it does, we will be ready to help you.
If you need us, we’re here
We are in the business of protecting you, your family and your business, and we need to continue to do that as long as this crisis lasts. So, if you have any questions or changes to make to your policy continue to call us toll free at 1-855-726-8627. One of our account managers will be available to help. If you have a claim, you can continue to reach out, as always, by calling that same number (1-855-726-8627) and selecting the claim option.
Some of the steps we are taking to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our customers, people and their families include:
- Cleaning staff are disinfecting high traffic and common areas nightly, which includes door handles, handrails and high traffic areas. Additional Clorox Wipes have been provided throughout the office.
- All customers are being encouraged through email campaigns and social media to communicate and interact with us electronically or over the phone rather than coming into the office.
- All face to face meetings with outside parties (insurers, suppliers, vendors or other partners) will be conducted using conference or video call technology wherever possible.
- No work-related out of province travel is happening by any member of our team until further notice.
- All employees who are showing symptoms of COVID-19, or who have family members that are symptomatic, are being asked to stay home and self-isolate, self-monitor, and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Any employee travelling from outside the province will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
Be well informed
Government leaders are enacting a wide range of measures to protect our citizens so please continue to check official government websites for the most up-to-date information on how to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. Here’s a link to the Government of Canada’s Official COVID-19 Website which is being regularly updated with details on a wide range of related topics:
Other local resources are also helpful and informative:
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Difficulty breathing
The severity can range from mild to severe. Current information suggests that most cases are not severe nor do they require hospitalization.
How to protect yourself
Everyone has a role in reducing the spread of covid-19, including coronaviruses. Actions that can be taken to stay healthy include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer in the absence of soap and water.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette. Cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing and sneezing and immediately dispose of used tissues in the trash.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Frequently clean and disinfect high-touch areas such as toilets, bedside tables and door handles with diluted bleach or a regular household cleaner.
Our goal is to help slow the spread of COVID-19, keep our customers and people safe and continue to provide you with the level of service you’ve always received from Munn Insurance.
We hope you all stay healthy and safe. We will get through this together.
President and CEO